OFT15-108(D) Installation, commissioning and servicing of solid fuel burning appliances (dry space heating).
The 4 day course will immerse you in the practical and theory of installing dry lined flues including flexible liners and twin wall flues. This course will include a full installation of an appliance.
HEATS Training Centre
Unit 12 Ironside Way
£ 594 inc. VAT - In stock
New and replacement solid fuel combustion appliances must be installed in accordance with Document J of the building regulations and manufacturers installation instructions.
If appliances and flues are not installed and maintained correctly they can present a dangerous risk to life and property.
A poorly installed appliance, can have major implication on life, such as carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and risk of property fires as well as other consequences.
- Demonstrable, appropriate previous work experience in the construction industry, or any of the following;
- City & Guilds approved course “competence in Chimney Sweeping and Advanced Fault Finding”, 3 day course
- OFTEC technician with scope of work categories 101,102 or 105E,
- Registered Gas Safe operative
- Registered RGII operative
- Registered member of GOMCS, APICS, NACS, NIACS, CSAI or NACE or - Registered member of HETAS
- evidence of formal qualifications: City & Guilds 6129/6035 and 6089, or QCF 6189
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in plumbing or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
- HETAS H003 Dry Appliance Installer course
- Recognised Solid Biomass course
- APHC Installation of Solid Fuel Appliances and Heating Systems Fed By Solid Fuel in Domestic Appliances course
- Health and safety risks and safe systems of work associated with solid fuel appliance installation work
- Solid fuel legislation applying to work in dwellings
- Solid mineral fuels and the factors affecting fuel selection
- Basic operating principles of solid fuel appliances
- Selection of solid fuel appliances and how to identify appliances and determine minimum operating efficiencies
- Combustion process and the principles of safe combustion of solid fuels
- Ventilation requirements and how to select and install ventilation for solid fuel appliances in dwellings
- Standards and how to check the suitability of chimneys and flue systems
- How to test chimneys and flue systems for suitability or fault diagnosis
- How to check the suitability of hearths and fire surrounds
- How to identify and be able to correctly respond to unsafe solid fuel situations
- Installation requirements and be able to install solid mineral fuel appliances
- Commissioning requirements of solid mineral fuel appliances
- How to appropriately handover an installed solid mineral fuel appliance
- Theory (Classroom based)
- Practical (with a full installation of an appliance)
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment will receive the OFTEC certificate of competence in; OFT15-108(D) Installation, commissioning and servicing of solid fuel burning appliances (dry space heating).
Membership of OFTEC
Year 1 £294 +VAT
Subsequent years £199 +VAT
To get full OFTEC appraisal you will require a single inspection of an installation, showing your full understanding of the regulations at intervals;
1st Inspection within the 1st 1-3 months
2nd Inspections within first 12 Months
3rd Inspection between 12th month and 24th month
Register of appliance online £2.75+VAT per appliance
CD80 or CD81 (Control Documentation booklet 50 sheets) £9.95+VAT
Training courses and conferences
Heats reserves the right to make changes to its, Training including information relating to content, timings, date and venue.
If Heats LTD has to cancel a Training course you will be offered a place on an equivalent Course within a 12 month period. This confirmation will take place 14 days before the course date. If this isn't suitable for you a full refund will be issued. In the event that Heats cancels a course and an alternative cannot be provided, we will refund in full any payment received in respect of that course.
Payment is due on receipt of an invoice and full payment must be received before attendance.
You can pay by credit card when you book, or at any time. Call us on 01953 852956 to pay by telephone
Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
If you need to cancel your booking please do so in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01953 852956
If you need to transfer your booking please email email@example.com.